Cycling & mountain biking
Varied routes for every abilitiy level
The varied landscape around Zell am See can be best experienced on a bike. Flat paths along the Zeller Lake for the whole family or more demanding mountain bike routes in Salzburger Land, leading over alpine pastures and gorges – there’s something for everyone. Extreme pedal fanatics can undertake the Grossglockner tour. The Grossglockner tour counts among one of the most popular Austrian biking tours. This demanding tour combines a sporting challenge with impressive views of the surrounding mountains in Salzburger Land and of course the Grossglockner – Austria’s highest mountain. The KINDERHOTEL makes and ideal base for biking tours in Zell am See.
From mountain to bike
There’s hardly another region in Austria which offers mountain bike enthusiasts such a large and wide range of biking tours as here in Zell am See – Kaprun. Over 30 sign-posted and 1,100 km long mountain bike routes of varying levels of difficulty guarantee an unforgettable mountain biking experience in Zell am See. The Grossglockner high alpine pass is a tempting goal for all biking experts: 60 mountain kilometres, 1,145 m height difference and a high level of difficulty are rewarded with views of Austria’s highest mountain.
This interactive map offers useful information regarding mountain bike routes in Zell am See – Kaprun.
For guests at the KINDERHOTEL
- Help and advice when planning routes
- Free bike rental for adults and children from the hotel
- Free rental of bike trailers for children from the hotel
- Free rental of bike helmets for adults and children from the hotel
- Safe storage for your bikes in the hotel
- Professional bike centre right nearby (20 m)
- Well-maintained and safety approved bikes
From valley to Grossglockner – racing bike routes
Due to its many road bike routes Zell am See is one of the most popular destinations for road and race biking enthusiasts. Whether you’re looking to enjoy healthy exercise or a sporty challenge – the region offers a something to suit every taste. From the Grossglockner high alpine road to the Felbertauern pass – in the heart of Pinzgau you’ll be rewarded with splendid panoramic views.
Route suggestions in the area
- Grossglockner High Alpine Pass: 2,553 m altitude difference, route length from the hotel: 52 km
- Pass Thurn: 1,284 m altitude difference, route length from the hotel: 38.4 km
- Felbertauern road: 1,607 altitude difference, route length from the hotel: 31.3 km
For our road biking guests
- Secure storage for your bike in the hotel
- Advice and help planning tours